“Life is kind of like that, picking the memories you want to frame.”
-Bryan Reardon, Finding Jake
“You’re never so alive as when you’re on the verge of death.”
-Simon Kernick, Siege
“Everybody’s got a plan until they get punched in the face.”
“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”
“An artist who maintains that he has been misunderstood is almost always a bad artist who, I’m afraid to say, has been understood.”
-Jo Nesbø, Headhunters
“Reading is not just an escape. It is access to a better way of life.”
“The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you are finished.”
HAHAHAHA! I just found a list I had made way back about being snowed in, and it is the best thing ever!
- Contact your alien twin (everyone obviously has an alien twin) via phone, so s/he can come save you.
- Climb up onto the roof and pretend you are on stage – sing a song / dance.
- Climb up onto the roof and slide down into the snow.
- Go into the attic and pretend you found a long-lost treasure.
- Watch a movie backwards.
- Travel through your wardrobe to Narnia, and (for the climate change) go to the beach there.
- Practice your sword fighting skills so that you can earn your knighthood when the snow is gone.
- Send a raven to your best friend saying how urgent your message is, but don’t actually include the message.
- Send a letter in a bottle to whoever finds it. (Drop it in the snow from your window: Obviously there will be water enough to carry your message once the snow melts!)
- Practice your triple backflipping skills.
Hope you enjoyed!
Hey! Here is the first list I have compiled:
Things to do when there is no electricity (assuming all electronic devices are dead too, obviously..)
….but it’s day time
- Go for a run outside
- Pack and go on a road trip
- Open your closet door and go to Narnia
- Read a book
- Rearrange your room
- Create a home theatre (literally being the actors to your own plays)
- Play an instrument
- Write a book (longhand)
- Roll around the house
- Slide down the stairs
- Sing at the top of your lungs
- Quickly eat all the food in your fridge, because it might go bad while the electricity is out and it gets all warm
….and it’s dark
- Read a book using a candle
- Play hide and seek in the dark
- Feel your way through the dark to your closet, then go to Narnia
- Make a bonfire
- Walk around your house with a candle in your hand (like they used to do in the olden times)
- Eat lots of chocolate (assuming you can find it in the dark)
- Wear all your hats and walk around like that (don’t worry: nobody can see you!)
- Sneak up on someone else and tickle them, then sneak away again when they try to tickle you back
- Create a radio show with everyone present
- Draw a painting, then look at it with a candle
- Work out (advantage: nobody can see you sweat)
- Make tea, then wonder why it tastes so horrible (oh, you forgot to add the water..?)
- Decorate your house
Hope I managed to entertain you!
“If you choose to do something, do it with your utmost. And remember, expect nothing and life will be velvet.”